NEW SITE RULES
Lastest Revision: Ramadan 14, (September 14, 2008) 12:00 AM ESTNOTICE All monitors: send all emails to monitor board
NOTICE: * USERS AGREEMENT *
* ChatIslam Is dedicated to presenting the correct message of Islam based on Quran and teachings of Muhammad, peace be upon him, in simple English language. We intend for each guest to have an enjoyable opportunity to learn correct information about real Islam. Your cooperation is necessary. Comments & Suggestioins are important. You may post them on our support forum. For more personal concerns - send private message to "admin" or any ChatIslam moderator.
All Users Agree to the following RULES:
RULES mentioned herein replace any and all preceding RULES of ChatIslam These RULES take effect immediately after 12:00 AM (EST), Sunday, September 14, 2008. RULES are instituted according to the teachings of Islam, based on the Quran in Arabic language and teachings of Muhammad ibn Abdullah ibn 'Abd Muttalib (d. 632 H). RULES are important part of the success of our site; anyone attempting to modify, change or overule any of our rules, whether a guest, visitor, volunteer, staff member or presenter without authorization from ChatIslam director will be removed and suspended of any position or post immediately to await review of actions before being allowed any access or privileges on our site.
NOTE: Administration and staff will remove from the room, anyone who does not comply with the rules. Those who continue to break rules will have their IP address blocked.
Monitors and Moderators Rights:
Monitors and our staff and moderators are rigid of member's postings to ensure that our goals and objectives are met. New topics and replies having little or no relevant importance to Islam along with replies that indicate attacks both personal and Islamic may be deleted without prior notice.
Moderators have the option to send you a Private Message or briefly inform you and other participants why such actions were exercised. You may send the moderator, a Private Message with intent to resolve your case. Antagonistic approach does not deserve a response. Decisions by individual Moderators are to be taken seriously. Decisions remain in effect unless staff members overrule decisions of the moderators and monitors. Time is valuable and we do not want to waste your time nor ours.
Violation of any rule or rules will subject a guest to warnings and possible elimination from the site. Ignoring advise and instructions from monitors will result in various actions limiting or eliminating your access to this site and all benefits connected with it. Persistent abusers may be permanently banned from the site.
A warning system using a "bot" monitor is implemented throughout all of our forums. It is used by moderators to increase/decrease your warning level as well as apply timed suspending actions, upon any violation of these rules. It is best to accept our Moderator's decision, and try to adjust to forum rules. If a member or visitor attempts to challenge those actions by re-registering under a different name, the member will be logged and banned completely from all forums.
Do not type in capital letters, unless for the beginning of a proper noun or at the beginning of a sentence. Capital letters are regarded as 'shouting' at others.
Do not post about your own website or any other website links (URLs) for promotional purposes anywhere in ChatIslam
- * ChatIslam staff volunteers are not scholars nor are they necessarily students of Islamic knowledge, nor should they make any rulings or fatwa. Their rankings only refer to administrative skills.
- * ChatIslam Invites scholars and teachers to visit our site, to provide access to their knowledge and offer answers to questions while on line. Their answers are from their own sources of Quran and Sunnah and do not necessarily reflect the understandings and beliefs of our Board members and staff. As scholars, they have the right and duty to inform us of the rulings and what the sources are for these rulings.
- * ChatIslam does not permit arguments concerning issues or rulings clearly mentioned in the Quran. All Fatwas are limited to those issues that had no clear ruling in the Quran.
- * ChatIslam does not permit impersonation of any person or entity, including but not limited to, a ChatIslam official, forum leaders, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- * ChatIslam does not permit posting of private messages in the forum thread. Personal conversation should be limited to the (Private Messages console), provided by ChatIslam.
- * ChatIslam does not permit a user-name containing profane words, implying sexual or inappropriate meanings or inspiring of any ill-feelings or unlawful in Islam. Report violators to the moderators or staff for correction. Carefully choose a suitable name to use anytime you visit our ChatIslam rooms.
- * ChatIslam messaging system is private - only in regards to other members. ChatIslam officials may review your private messages to make sure Islamic code of conduct is not violated.
- * ChatIslam does not welcome debates with other faiths, ideologies or philosophies but rather we will inform you what Islam has to offer you. Briefly what this means is: you are not here to proselytize your belief system.
- * ChatIslam does not permit discussions of different sects in Islam. This complex issue will require more than an ordinary Muslim's knowledge to engage into various theological differences and interpretations of Islam. You may post your inquiry at: http://www.JustAskIslam.com but we will close the topic with an attached message, advising you to read about sects and why we advise everyone to stay away from them, on our website page: "Groups" http://islamtomorrow.com/groups
- * ChatIslam does not permit members to promote any nationalistic patriotism of their countries. Islam is the flag for all humanity indiscriminate of colors, nationality and ethnicity, and thus we take pride in this religion.
- * ChatIslam does not permit promoting of military and what goes along with it. This applies to recruitment for all countries and governments. We advocate the need for proper living behavior to reduce the need for military.
- * ChatIslam does not permit the posting of links by guests - NOT EVEN LINKS TO OUR SITES - No links are permitted, whether for or against Islam.
USE ONLY THE LINKS BUILT INTO THE ICONS AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.
ChatIslam does not permit promotion of instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of bestiality and cruelty to animals. This may include, but is not limited to, providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other weapons, and creating (Crash) sites.
ChatIslam does not permit posting or transmitting contents of any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful, racial or otherwise objectional nature.
ChatIslam does not permit postings invasive of personal privacy.
ChatIslam does not permit stalking or otherwise harming members, staff or presenters, or the collection of personal data of other users.
ChatIslam does not permit visitors or guests to represent Islam or any of its teachings with statements such as, "Islam is (this or that)" or "Islam says so and so" without proper credentials and reference to legal sources of Islam (Quran and authentic hadeeth).
ChatIslam does not permit unapproved postings from guests or visitors or anyone without proper Islamic credentials.
NOTE: The first duty of any of our staff, volunteers or presenters is to our non-Muslim guests. Our Muslim visitors will be answered according to available time. Reminder: Our purpose is to present true Islam in English to non-Muslims.
ChatIslam Etiquettes for Asking Questions: ChatIslam encourages questions to our scholars and teachers when presented in a proper manner regarding issues or opinions. Presenting evidences from credible resources is encouraged to facilitate objective understanding.
ChatIslam does not permt questions containing hateful or derrogatory statements, or promoting political agendas or intended to promote hostility and/or confusion. Statements within questions are not permitted. EX: "Why do Muslims kiss the ground five times a day?" - Instead of, "Do Muslims kiss the ground when they bow down?" (Answer - "No") Best answers come from best constructed and well presented questions.
Please note: Sometimes Islamic issues may have more than one ruling according to the understanding of various scholars and teachers. You are encouraged to seek the most correct understandings and choose the most logical and easily implemented of rulings.
ChatIslam does not permit gossip or slander about any group or individual. Only factual statements without sentiment are permissable.
ChatIslam is not responsible for any messages posted by other guests. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this site. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable should contact us immediately by email.
ChatIslam retains the right of removal of any and all objectionable messages according to our discression.
You agree, through your use of this service, you will not use our site to knowlingly post any material or information containing false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of personal privacy or otherwise in violation of any law.
You agree not to post any copyrighted material wihtout legal ownership or permission.